I had fun with this recipe and changed it up a little bit.
Here is my own version:
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp all purpose flour
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
3½ cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
10 tbsp butter (unsalted and room temp)
1¼ cup sour cream
½ cup plain yogurt
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Follow the directions below. I used a loaf pan which did not hold the coffee cake so well. It did overflow a tiny bit, but I just trimmed off the excess. If you have a 10 inch tube pan, use it! It took a little longer to bake as well. So, lesson learned…next shopping trip I will be looking for a 10 inch tube pan! Oh, and don’t forget to to smile while you eat it! Or else, what the hell is the point?!!!!
- Prepare the filling and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350∘F
- Butter a 10 inch bundt cake or tube pan with butter and coat with flour
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients well using a whisk or sieve.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, starting on low speed cream butter and sugar together until light yellow and fluffy. On medium speed add eggs one at a time, stop to scrape down sides of the bowl.
- On low speed again alternately add portions of dry mixturefollowed by sour cream/yogurt and ending with the last of the dry mixture. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- Place 1/2 the batter in the prepared pan, sprinkle 3/4 of the mixture over the batter. Place the other half of the batter in the pan and then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the mixture over the top of the batter.
- Use a knife to make a swirl through the batter if you wish.
- Bake at 350∘F for 50-60 minutes or until it’s done! (a toothpick inserted n the middle will come out clean) Let it cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the maple and vanilla glaze and enjoy!